Modern Connections to Ancient Plants
This book investigates herbs of the Bible and other historical religious and other literature and seeks to answer the following questions about them:
- What is the origin and correct identification of plants that are mentioned in the Bible and other secular literature?
- What was the value of these herbs in Biblical times?
- How was trade in herbs conducted over the millennia and to what extent does this trade survive?
- What archaeological evidence exists to support the use of herbal products?
- What, if any, current research supports the use of herbal products today?
- Do herbal products and herbal remedies have relevance in modern medicine, such as in the treatment of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and so on?
Published Author | Professional Speaker | Ex-Tata Consultant | Indian Forest Service Member
WHAT DO I DO
– Full-time author with an agent and distribution
– (Writer and) Speaker on Herbs, Business and Technology
– Analytical pieces on startups & established corporations
– Published – Holy Herbs, The Indian Forestry Scene, Coal Mine Reclamation
– 2016 – Natural products business, case studies and emerging trends in natural products, genomics, bioinformatics, drone technology, robotics, e-aggregators, healthcare, fintech, networking.
– Features on companies based out of India, Hongkong, Australia, Portugal, USA, Canada, UK, France and Singapore.
My Latest Articles…
Preview video on the new video book title. The title is currently available on Createspace e store and on...read more
This is a guest post by Dr Atanas G. Atanasov Professor and Head of Molecular Biology Department at IGAB PAS, Poland. He has over 80 scientific papers to his credit. Dr Atanas G Atanasov Little pleasures have their price and healthy living means abstinence and...read more
Grapes are one of the seven staple foods mentioned in Deuteronomy 8.8 ‘A land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey”. Grape was one of the seven fruits that Moses messengers discovered in the land of Israel....read more