Modern Connections to Ancient Plants
Check out the videos to learn more about the book or read the description below.
Holy Herbs: Modern Connections to Ancient Plants is a book that comprehensively investigates herbs that are mentioned in the Bible. It seeks to answer the following questions:
- What is the origin and correct identification of plants that are mentioned in religious texts such as the Bible, Quran, and Talmud, as well as in the scientific writings of philosophers and healers of ancient Greece, Egypt, China, and other regions?
- How were these herbs valued and used in Biblical times?
- How was trade in herbs conducted over the millennia and to what extent does this trade survive today?
- What archaeological evidence and what, if any, current research supports the use of herbal products today?
- What is the role of plant-based medicine today?