The strategic alliance should be tested by jointly executing select projects. Lessons are learned during project execution. These will lead to better alignment between the two parties and make joint working mutually productive and beneficial. The following can be a tentative blueprint for implementing a strategic alliance.
- Develop a detailed implementation plan, including specific milestones and timelines.
- Launch the alliance and begin executing the implementation plan.
- Continuously monitor and measure the alliance’s progress, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Regularly review the alliance and consider new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Continuously communicate and align expectations with the partner and make necessary adjustments.
- Continuously review both countries’ legal and regulatory environments and make necessary adjustments.
Implementing a strategic alliance successfully requires ongoing effort and commitment from both partners. A structured approach and a clear plan can help ensure that the alliance stays on track and delivers the desired results.