A good pitch deck brings out:
- The business idea
- How will it compete, grow and evolve in the face of competition?
- What is the business model?
- Why would customers get attracted to the business idea?
- What is the operational model of the venture, and has it been tested?
Investors want to be convinced that investing money into you and your venture will give them long-term dividends.
Take a look at the successful ventures around you; you will observe certain common features. Some of these are:
- The energy of the entrepreneur
- Sincerity and integrity
- Clarity of thought
- Ability and willingness to sustain the business
A pitch is great when the investor is convinced that you are the right individual, with the right idea, the desire, and the skill to convert the idea into a successful business.
I use business tools and frameworks to draw out these features in the pitch deck. However, the success of a pitch deck depends on you and you alone.