Stress is common to most people. Aging is fueled by anxiety. Sleep lies at the center of stress management, with lifestyle changes aiding to alleviate day-to-day pressure. Therefore, how do we get a night of good 8-hour sleep becomes the central question?
A huge body of scientific research has looked at this question in depth. Let me share some salient points I have discovered as I researched natural remedies for various ailments plaguing us.
Dr. Satchin Panda, a professor at the Salk Institute, California, recommends that all eating in a 24-hour cycle be restricted to 8 to 12 hours with ten hours as an optimal solution. He is the author of the book “The Circadian Code.” The balance of 14 hours is fasting hours, giving the body enough time for repair and rest.
I prefer to meditate, read my favorite book, play with my pet and kids, talk to my spouse, and watch my favorite program iforsix hours of the 14 hours. Try this mix, and you will feel much better. If you can work your schedule according to this model and follow it assiduously, you will reduce stress and slow the process of aging.
While aging is a natural process that cannot be fully reversed, several natural remedies may help slow down the aging process and reduce some visible signs of aging. Here are a few examples:
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are substances that help to neutralize free radicals in the body, which can cause cellular damage and contribute to aging. Foods rich in antioxidants include berries, dark chocolate, green tea, and leafy greens.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in foods such as fatty fish, nuts, and seeds, have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce the risk of age-related diseases and improve skin health.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help to improve cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, and maintain muscle mass, which can all contribute to a more youthful appearance and improved overall health.
- Stress Reduction: Chronic stress can contribute to aging and disease, so finding ways to reduce stress levels, such as through meditation or yoga, can help to slow down the aging process.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for overall health and can help to reduce the visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Hydration: Drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated can help to improve skin health and reduce the appearance of aging.
It is important to note that while these natural remedies may help to slow down the aging process, they are not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle and medical care.
The Circadian Code by Satchin Panda