Good health is something that all strive for. Each individual would have a different take on the question of how to stay healthy; my take based on my research on natural solutions is as under:
- Discipline: I rate this at the top. A disciplined lifestyle optimizes the operation of the body. You get up at a certain time, go to bed, eat, work, and watch television at a fixed time. It does not matter if you are an early riser, but discipline is the key.
- Diet: Plant-based foods are best for health. They help build immunity, are rich in fiber, provide a combination of micronutrients, and have been scientifically proven to protect your heart and prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and other ailments.
- Sleep (7 to 9) hours daily helps recharge your body, mind, and spirit. There is a ton of scientific studies supporting this body requirement.
- Find time to do exercise for both your body and mind. I prefer yoga, walking, meditation, and tai chi. You can select your preferred exercise mode, but 3 hours a day keeps you fit. I like to split these 3 hours into one and a half of walking, one hour of pranayama and meditation, and half an hour of yoga and taichi, which I alternate.
- Read – I like to read non-fiction. You can take your pick, but a half-hour reading re-invigorates your mind. Mind is critical to good health.
These are my five takes on good health.
- Natural Solutions for Cancer
- Natural Solutions for Diabetes
- Natural Solutions for Obesity
- Nutrition Facts- a guide to good health
- My grandma had high blood pressure, which led to diabetes, which lead to cancer. But now I got my blood report done and it turns out I have high blood sugar as well, and I am scared. Will I be okay?
- Lifestyle concepts: What is the code of good health?
- Naturopathy: Why are people leaning more towards naturopathy for health answers?