Good health is something that all strive for. Each individual would have a different take on the question of how to stay healthy; my take based on my research on natural solutions is as under:
- Discipline: I rate this at the top. A disciplined lifestyle optimizes the operation of the body. You get up at a certain time, go to bed, eat, work, and watch television at a fixed time. It does not matter if you are an early riser, but discipline is the key.
- Diet: Plant-based foods are best for health. They help build immunity, are rich in fiber, provide a combination of micronutrients, and have been scientifically proven to protect your heart and prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and other ailments.
- Sleep (7 to 9) hours daily helps recharge your body, mind, and spirit. There is a ton of scientific studies supporting this body requirement.
- Find time to do exercise for both your body and mind. I prefer yoga, walking, meditation, and tai chi. You can select your preferred exercise mode, but 3 hours a day keeps you fit. I like to split these 3 hours into one and a half of walking, one hour of pranayama and meditation, and half an hour of yoga and taichi, which I alternate.
- Read – I like to read non-fiction. You can take your pick, but a half-hour reading re-invigorates your mind. Mind is critical to good health.
These are my five takes on good health.
In theory, there are several other practices recommended for good health. These involve making several lifestyle choices and adopting healthy habits. Some of the practices you can follow to promote good health include:
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet: This should include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein sources. Limit your intake of sugar, saturated and trans fats, and processed foods.
- Getting regular exercise: Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week. This can include brisk walking, cycling, swimming, or jogging.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of many health problems, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
- Not smoking or using tobacco products: Smoking is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide. Quitting smoking can greatly improve your health and reduce your risk of developing many diseases.
- Limiting alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can increase your risk of liver disease, certain types of cancer, and other health problems.
- Getting adequate sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to maintain good physical and mental health.
- Managing stress: Practice stress-reducing techniques like meditation, deep breathing, and exercise.
- Getting regular check-ups and screenings: Regular check-ups and screenings can help detect health problems early, when they are most treatable.
Remember, everyone’s health needs are different, and what works for one person may not work for another. It’s important to talk to your doctor about what steps you can take to maintain good health.
- Natural Solutions for Cancer
- Natural Solutions for Diabetes
- Natural Solutions for Obesity
- Nutrition Facts- a guide to good health
- My grandma had high blood pressure, which led to diabetes, which lead to cancer. But now I got my blood report done and it turns out I have high blood sugar as well, and I am scared. Will I be okay?
- Lifestyle concepts: What is the code of good health?
- Naturopathy: Why are people leaning more towards naturopathy for health answers?