A herbal combination containing the following herbs – Cyperus rotundus, Saussurea lappa, Curcuma longa, Berberis aristata, Acorus calamus, Aconitum heterophyllum, Picorrhiza kursoa, Plumbago zeylanica, Holoptelea integrifolia, and Iris ensata is a formulation prescribed to control obesity. (Kumar and Bhandari 2015) A small trial with 70 obese individuals claims a reduction in obesity. (Paranjpe et al., 1990)
Chinese herbs that claim to reduce weight and supplement the spleen include Rhizoma atractylodis macrocephalae (Bai Zhu), Radix astragali membranacei (Huang Qi), Fructus crategi (Shan Zha)
A significant decrease in body weight occurs following treatment with the following formulations:
1. xin-ju-xiao-gao-fang (a combination of a compound of rhubarb, Coptis chinensis, Cassia semen, and Citrus aurantium),
2. yellow pea fiber;
3. bofu-tsusho-san (a mixture of Radix platycodi, gypsum fibrosum, talcum, Paeoniae, Scutellarie, and Glycyrrhiza);
4. RCM -104 (compound of Camellia sinensis, flos sophorae, and semen cassia); pistachio,
5. Satiereal (a trade medicine),
6. Monoselect Camellia (containing green tea extract: GreenSelect and Phytosome both registered trademark products) or Nigella sativa. (Yangfei Liu et al., 2017)
A significant decrease in body fat occurs by treating with xin-ju-xiao-gao-fang, bofu-tsusho-san, RCM -104, Ling gui zhu gan decoction (compound of Poria, Macrocephalae, Radix Glycyrrhizae, Ramulus Cinnamomi and Radix atractylodis), Pu’er tea, pistachio, or Monoselect Camelia; (Yangfei Liu et al., 2017)
The scientific support for the above-mentioned Ayurveda and TCM herbs’ effectiveness in weight loss is tenuous. There is a lot more work to be done before the silver bullet that will bring about weight loss is found.
To learn more about Natural Solutions for Obesity, you can check this book title here.
For articles, blogs, promotional content, ebooks on obesity, you can order here.