Let me share with you some fundamental facts on obesity.
The Centers for Disease Control and www.worldobesity.org mention three critical factors that play an essential part in the development of obesity. These are:
Behavior– influences food choices. Behavior management is a useful tool for obesity control. Excess calories get converted into fats.
The environment plays a crucial role in shaping our habits and lifestyle. Availability of motorized transport at home, convenience foods, and home entertainment solutions are some factors that determine the low expenditure of energy.
Genetics, too, has a role in obesity. Genes can cause disorders resulting in obesity.
Obesity is sometimes associated with an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). Medications help manage this condition.
When I was researching for my book on natural solutions for obesity, I learned some basic facts that I am listing below. Maybe these will help you plan your next journey.
- Please rule out medical reasons for your weight gain, like hyperthyroidism or other conditions. It is best to speak to a physician who can advise you what tests are required for your specific situation.
- Keep your eating restricted to a window of 10 hours. The window is calculated from the first cup of tea or coffee you take to the last meal or drink you take before bedtime. There should be a gap of two to three hours when you hit the bed and the last thing you eat or drink.
- Sleep and rest are two important essential requirements for weight loss. When you restrict your eating window to 10 hours, it will trigger your body towards better sleep quality.
- Move to a plant-based low-fat diet. The choice of what you should eat will depend on your preference.
- Do a combination of cardio, strength training, and meditation. The physical training plan should be drawn by a specialist, just like a diet plan should be done by a good nutritionist.
It is important to enjoy the weight loss journey. The above tips should help you in achieving your goals.